Pickleball court dimensions are generally constructed to the standard in accordance with the US Pickleball guidelines.
Pickleball is exploding in popularity across the United States, and players of all ages are captivated by the sport. The game of pickleball is perfect for players of all ages and skill levels.
Pickleball court dimensions & Size
If your designated area requires custom court dimensions, GreenSet can accommodate your needs. These are the following measurements for a standard pickleball court:
- Minimum playing surface region is 9m x 18m Standard size is 10m x 19m.
- The dimensions of the competition court are 12 m x 21 m
- The pickleball nets are 6 m long and 1 m high (1 m high on the sidelines and 0.8 m high in the centre of the court).
- Pickleball net posts are typically made of 3mm polyethylene and should use half a kilo of vinyl headband (Note: GreenSet recommends fibreglass blocks for greater strength and longer life) Net posts are placed 6m off centre.
- The centre strap is the same as that used for tennis
- Sidelines are the lines running perpendicular to the net on each side of the court.
- Baselines are the lines running parallel to the net at both ends of the court.
- The overall dimensions of the court are 6 m wide x 13 m long.
Note: These dimensions are for single and double pickleball games. It includes the areas for the net, the out-of-bounds lines and the no volley zone (the no volley zone is 2 m from the net).
The width of the pickleball lines is 5 cm (this is the same width as the lines on a tennis court).
Pickleball court size
The official standard size pickleball court is 44 feet long from baseline and 20 feet wide from baseline to baseline.
A 7-foot non-volley zone extends on each side of the net. The non-volley zone line defines the area called the kitchen.
This leaves 15 feet from the non-volley zone line to the baseline. A center line divides this area into two 15-foot wide halves. This center line is used to indicate the right and left service areas on each side.
GreenSet pickleball courts
It is a combination of skills derived from the sports of tennis, badminton and ping pong. If you have always wanted to build pickleball courts, GreenSet is ready to build it for you.
GreenSet has been involved in the installation of sports surfaces and surfacing for the past twenty years.
We have completed thousands of sports surfaces and have earned a stellar reputation with both our customers and our industry peers.
If you’re ready to build your new pickleball court, GreenSet can help. We can plan, design and build your new pickleball court from start to finish. Contact one of our staff members today for more information.
- Custom pickleball courts
- Top rated construction company
- Environmentally friendly products and materials
- Indoor and outdoor sports surfaces
Backyard pickleball courts
If you have a space in the backyard of your house and you want to put it to good use, we dare to tell you that the solution is easier than you think. Installing a court with the modular flooring system that we distribute in GreenSet is the most practical, economical, easy to install and with additional advantages that we are going to tell you below.
1. Easy Maintenance
Simply clean the modular floor periodically with a broom, hose or leaf blower to keep the court intact for many years to come. In addition to simplifying maintenance, you save money by not having to pay someone to do it for you.
Modular floors are designed with non-slip and shock-absorbing features. When running or jumping, the surface makes a slight side-to-side movement. This results in a significant reduction of injuries due to falls or damage to the joints and lower back of athletes.
Choose the colour you like, the sport or game you want – and if you can’t decide and want to play several, that’s what multi-sports courts are for. Moreover, if you have limited space, don’t worry, at GreenSet we can make almost anything possible. Take a look, for example, at this option: tennis/pickleball courts, ideal alternatives for small spaces.
If we have convinced you that installing a court in your backyard with a modular flooring system like this one is the best option, contact us. At GreenSet we want you to spend unforgettable days with your family and friends.
Comparing pickleball courts with other courts
To get an idea of the scale of pickleball courts, here is a comparison with other courts:
- A badminton doubles court is the same size as a pickleball court, only the height of the net varies.
- It is possible to fit 4 pickleball courts into a normal tennis court. However, only one pickleball court can be fitted on a volleyball court.
- 4 pickleball courts can be placed on a basketball court (92′ x 50′).
- Indoor football (Futsal) courts may incorporate 4 pickleball courts.